A Room of One's Own


originally uploaded by shangz.

When Virginia Woolf wrote about having a room of one's own , it served as a criticism towards the patriarchal society , to counterpoint to the fact that as a woman , one would require her own space for development and yet she was not accorded this basic right to property.

I've moved into a double room recently and while the room rocks and i have wireless access right smack in my room , the best way to describe it is that i feel that i'm a stranger in my own room for these are not my things , these are not the objects that i feel close to , yet they are around me .

i'm not exactly complaining , but you know , it just feels different to not have your own space after having it for so long. I don't exactly strive to be an exhibitionist and walk around my room naked or something , but having your own room is definitely wayy better . Ah well , it's cheap and i'm on exchange . I shouldn't complain too much . More money for shopping and travel . Now , that would rock .


About this entry