La Petite Cuisine en Singapour


originally uploaded by shangz.

I must say , it was tres interssante . La Petite Cuisine , which i believe translates to the small kitchen , is a little bistro that sells french food at serene centre along bukit timah. The place is so french , i can't help but chuckle at the french-ness of the entire place . I shall attempt to list all the french-esque experience in a short 1 hour dinner .

1) My request of a table for 4 was met with a shrug and animated pointing of full tables with a short curt "no"

2) I had to go to the counter to order to my food . I stood at the counter for at least 3 minutes before the staff decided that they were free enough to take my order

3) The chef, whom i can only assume was yelling out his instructions in a french-accented with an the level of rudeness only french people can pull off.

4) While i was ordering, the chef decided that he was too lazy to cook and told the staff , last order at 8. The shop is suppose to close at 9.30pm.

5) The waitress , threw our cutlery on the table while attempting to set it.

7) The look on the faces of the group that arrived at 8.15pm at the bistro, when told that the kitchen is closed, is just priceless.


It reminded me how far i've come along . No more over-stressed and being appalled by unnecessary crap of daily life. Everything is a lot more quiet . Everything can be solved with C'est la vie.


About this entry